So had a second opportunity for a VestaCP installation with a new VPS that I received from freevps.us. Fantastic VPS called VPS27, courtesy of the admin and staff of freevps.us and GalaxyHostPlus. Specs of the VPS are:
Disk Size: 50 GB
Monthly Traffic: 1 TB
Memory: 1 GB
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 & /80 IPv6
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Control Panel: SolusVM
Connection: 1 Gbit/s
I was obviously more experienced with the second installation of VestaCP, however phpmyadmin gave me another big hurdle. Think I got mixed up with the tutorial that I was following and the patch that is provided for the configuration of phpmyadmin. As with the first installation, it was easy to install the database. I then did things different, wondering whether just the patch provided by VestaCP would be OK on its own. Then after that set up the configuration file by using the one that was provided by the tutorial, and think that is where I blundered. At any rate, I then ended up with lots of errors. Tried to follow the tutorial by uploading a new phpmyadmin database, creating user, etc as well as tables. That also resulted in errors. Finally I went back to the VestaCP patch and tried both versions that were provided. Then copied the configuration file for dhsites.net to frihouse.net. And finally it worked.
The DNS worked flawlessly for the second installation as well. I found that I had to add permission for frihouse.net to own WordPress. So at least now know a few of the VestaCP quirks, and was able to negotiate all of them. Wish I could be a little more sure of the steps for phpmyadmin. At least I know it’s a challenge, and after a bit of struggles have been able to get past it.